Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Making wise purchases!

 In Proverbs 31:16 we read  "She considers a field and buys it; with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard."   
     This post has me thinking a little more about what we in our modern world are expected to do.  I look at it as be intentional about what we seek to buy. I really want a Kindle Fire but I am only taking $50 a month for my allowance each month and I use that to go on dates with the kids and have not saved it up for a Kindle.  Maybe some of you don't have an allowance but you buy things whenever you want. How then can we change our way of spending?
     I love the activity that our 7th grade class does each fall. The teacher gives them each a dollar to see how they can invest it for a profit. Some sell lemonade each fall. The teacher gives them each a dollar to see how they can invest it for a profit. Some sell lemonade, cotton candy, cookies, cupcakes and all the money in the end goes to the local charity.  
     I think about that and how would I do this project? I was just watching some videos on thrift store buying to sell on Ebay, I have sold baked goods before but as a wife what would be  a good investment  for my time?   would I turn around and put the money I earn into something productive?  These are all things I must think about as I look at the options. I drive around town and see houses for sale and it makes me think of a lady that buys houses fixeshouses fixes them up and rents them out. She has done most of the work  herself on these houses. Would that be a good thing for me to do? No, I am not interested in that line of earning money.  I have thought of having some kids at my house but out of respect for my husband that will not happen either.  These are just a few ways to make extra money to spend on the not so nicety or even add to a spend down budget.
     Please let me know if you have any other ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment