Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

To Be Delighted In and To Delight in Others

Why do we feel we need to be delighted in?  Who ever told us that we had to be loved by others?  The Past few months I have been seeing a Christian councilor for some life stuff.  I struggle with not having the people I love give me unconditional love when I want them to do something different before I will change who I am.  The past month I took some time, lots of time to really reconnect with who I am, also what makes me love me and what makes me feel like I am fearfully and wonderfully  made with a purpose.

    Why do I look to others when this is what God is for?   If I look in his word we see so many times that he is our true rock, that he promises never to leave or forsake us.  What is it that makes us long for others to delight in us this is also in his word.    In over 20 verses it talks about fellowship with one another, that does that mean we love the time we spend together.  No, not every time we gather will it be joy filled but God wants us to love one another.    On Sunday the pastor preached from the pulpit on John 8:1-11 the story of the adulterous woman and I love John 8:7 in particular.

John 8:1-11 (ESV)but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. Early in the morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him, and he sat down and taught them. The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst they said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery.Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?”This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground. But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. 10 Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” 11 She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”]]

I try to live that one out as much as possible. I remember one day on the school bus in late elementary school  the boys were picking on a heavy set girl and I turned around and gave them a lecture on how God loves her too and that they have faults as well they just aren't as noticeable from the outside.   Why is it even in adulthood we still feel as though some people treat us like we are back on the school bus.  They laugh and point out all our flaws but they forget to look at themselves first. How come we forget to look at others and ourselves as God has asked us to?  I ask you to take some time today and read passages on who you are in God.  Then take time to look at the people around you and see who they are in Gods eyes they grew up in a broken home with no true sense of love.   How can we then ask them to know how to love us?   Are we strong enough in the Lord to step up and pour Christ's love out of us and onto them even if it hurts?

No comments:

Post a Comment