Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

A Friendship Never Beyond Repair

   Forgivness, why is it so hard?? Do we even see when it is needed? Why is it hardest with the people we are closest with?
 First of all we need to know the sin before we can give or receive this forgiveness. It took me years to ask forgiveness from one of my best friends. I just didn't realize that it was eating at my heart pulling us farther away.  It also was not allowing me to know Christ's full forgiveness.  I couldn't see the full effect of what Christ had done for me until I humbled myself  to ask forgiveness towards  the person I wronged even if they don't feel wronged.
 Even now all the good days of our friendship going flying through my mind than it stops like my memories hit a wall. As I took out the anger for my sisters death on my friend I got so mad that we grew apart to then point we didn't talk for months. I had hurt the one that was there through everything as I watched my sister slowly go down hill. The one that said that they would be my friend no matter what. I watch the reel of our friendship of three years fly past until the point of anger on the reel of memories slows down until they fade like the friendship did. It only took me 10 years to realize what I did and why but I am so thankful for the fact it was only 10 years. Now God has washed the memory of that moment of anger out of my mind. I know I did something but exactly what I can't recall.  Things will never go back to the way it was in ninth grade as our lives have changed and that's all in Gods hands too.  One thing I know is just how good it felt to know that forgiveness was given and a friendship was restored. I am not great at forgiveness and most of the time I don't see my actions as sins. I look at it as OK because it was not murder but God does not rank the sins instead he washes them clean daily.   Though my friend in this story would not consider themself as an image of Christ I look back and see them as a great reminder to me what a friendship I have in Christ. I pray that as you look at who Christ is you will find a friend that is there even when you thought the friendship was beyond repair.

King James Bible Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment